Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 4. Prosperity Promise - Overflowing

Day 4. Proverbs 3: 9-10

The Lord will bless you with an abundance.

Honor the Lord with your capital and sufficiency (from your righteous labors), and with the first fruits of all your income. So shall your storage places be filled with plenty, and your vats be overflowing with new wine.


Comments: It is said in the Bible that everything we own comes from the Lord. Therefore, when we give Him the "first fruit" back as a tithe to a church we belong to or whoever we are directed to give it to, God smiles on this.
Some people asked if they had to give money as a tithe. I recall times in my life where I was required to give my time, not my money. Other times, I was required to give 20% of my low income at the time - only $1000 a month and blessings came pouring in my life as if they were unstoppable. Wherever I went - to the grocery store, to visit friends, to the job, etc. people were inspired to give me things that I didn't ask for. One time I got essentially a whole new wardrobe.

We tend to want to hold on tight to whatever we have, but if we at least give the first part, usually considered 10% back, then we will walk in blessings. The key here is to listen to what the Lord tells us to do in the moment and obey; always obey. Blessings are right around the corner or appear with the next phone call when we do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's God doing in your life? Place a comment on this blog and let us know!